- With a privileged location in the heart of the mining region of Chile, Puerto Angamos is located in the commune of Mejillones, 1400 km from Santiago and only 65 km from Antofagasta.
- It is close to the world’s most important copper producing district, such as the mining deposits known worldwide, Chuquicamata, Escondida, Spence, Radomiro Tomic, El Abra, El Tesoro, among others.
- Likewise, it is close to areas of great commercial importance, such as Salta in Argentina and Asunción in Paraguay, which make the “Zona de Integración del Centro Oeste Sudamericano” (South American Center-West Integration Area).
- Mejillones Bay’s geography also provides great benefits for the development of its port activity.
- Exceptional Conditions of the Bay:Mejillones Peninsula is a natural protection against southern swell. The deep waters assure availability to arrive and work in normal conditions most of the time.
- Privileged location:It also has wide supporting area at the geographic heart of the main mines and international passages.
- Connectivity:Expedite access by train and truck towards the main mines of Chile, Argentina and Bolivia, without going through populated areas; thus, the traveling times are optimized.
- It is worth mentioning the industrial development that has been created around the bay. Among the main companies grouped here we can mention the Asociación Industrial de Mejillones, constituted by Puerto Angamos together with companies such as, Enaex, Corpesca, GasAtacama, Edelnor, Puerto de Mejillones, Ultramar, Interacid, Polpaico, Complejo Portuario Mejillones, Moly-Cop, Ultraport, GNLM, Copec and Codelco.
Nº 5500 Av. Longitudinal, Mejillones, Antofagasta, Chile - Telephone: (56 55) - 2357000 Fax: (56 55) - 2357077